miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2009

Rosenberg Case protesters: sedition and rebellion

I participated in all the spontaneous and public protests for the murder of Rodrigo Rosenberg, whose posthumous video accused several officials from the government of Alvaro Colom and his wife. According to the editorial of the newspaper Prensa Libre today September 16, 2009, that Alvaro Colom said, I quote "that is interested in the case is solved, the murder investigation Rosenberg then be able to accuse of sedition who organized or participated in demonstrations protesting this crime.” End quote.

According to organize dictionary: "To establish or reform something to an end, coordinating the people and the appropriate means", then I and thousands more are organizers, in my case it spontaneously, I invited all my contacts to take part in such protests, then I and thousands more will be charged with "sedition" by Alvaro Colom and his government apparatus, I imagine that I and thousands of Guatemalans wait accusations, welcome to the club.

The moral values of the current government actually surprised -well not so much- because the order seems to be headed, the interest of clarifying and punish the crime and the thousands more, and practices the rule of law, certainty of punishment, should to be leading the list, but no, it’s priority will be to avenge the “organizers and participants” of these protests in the style of the rulers of Iran, as you can think after reading the editorial, but the president would like to show "exemplary punishment" for not repeated.


No hay comentarios: