miércoles, 22 de diciembre de 2010

Winter solstice, lunar eclipse and Christmas.

The winter solstice get here, also nature gave us a lunar eclipse, an astronomical event, objectively it has to do with distance from the Sun to the Earth's equatorial plane, can be calculated with astonishing accuracy. Some astronomical phenomena affecting our planet and its tenants, such as the moon has an effect on life on earth tides, planting, birth, fertility levels, behavior, etc.

This event marks the official start of winter in the US, and through history many cultures have paid special attention, it was inevitable not hesitate to divine intervention, for many traditions is to request God's favor and wait with certainty, even today there are rites for blessing in many areas.

And natural celestial phenomena have different effects in humans, wonder and reflection is inevitable and educated skeptics emphasize interpret and understand the laws that govern them, know the logical processes and their composition will take advantage and improve life on the home planet that holds us as tenants.

Extreme personal reasons I had to emigrate with my family to the United States of America. In the place where my home is temporarily dropped the first snowfall of the year, my family enjoyed seeing the white carpet down, I was the only one who had not witnessed the phenomenon, despite the theoretical know and how why of the snow, enjoyed in awe, reflection, joy and simplicity, very grateful for adding a new experience, a spectacular event.

Currently my children are young adults, we enjoy as a family, we laugh a lot, the meals are moments of greatest joy, and food is the excuse. From childhood I have cultivated in them the wonder, imagination, fantasy, the thrill of uncertainty. Enjoy together the most important film premieres. At the premiere of Pixar's film, Toy Story, I saw a breakthrough in a department´s store in Guatemala, my tears came in anticipating my children´s excitement they would experience to such history and spectacular image quality for cartoon computer, of course I bought the VHS, that night was special at home.

On a trip to the Grand Canyon, Arizona USA, between plains and mountains, we passed a field next to a beautiful forest completely covered in snow, deer at a distance, we stopped and children ran and rolled over snow, my wife and I enjoy seeing them happy, I took some pictures, I wanted to immortalize the moment, today when we remember their faces light up.

The celebration of Christmas is a unique event in our emotions, in Christian culture has a special meaning, the ultimate celebration of love. Jesus of Nazareth, for some is just a historical reference to the current timetable, for others a great Gnostic teacher, a leader, a madman, developer of a new philosophy of solidarity with others, someone with no self esteem who decided to give his life for others in an ideal, making a sacrifice for the eternal salvation of persons who did not know and do not deserved even not represent their values. For another, Jesus of the Christmas, is the mysterious and inexplicable way, no logical connection transforms lives, brings peace and joy that surpasses all understanding, which gives such joy and meaning that life cannot be beaten.

This particular time as we approach Christmas Day, no discourse on the controversial date or theological, in my years of consciousness I have noticed the change in the behavior of the majority, noble traits stand out, courtesy and kindness is rife , spontaneous smiles, good wishes, solidarity actions are possible, is a time of historic truce, hearts are turned to joy with old friends and distant relatives, a particular willingness to share our table and heat the home, bridges over the mistrust Opens the possibility of a longer period of solidarity, the need for change is revealed inside.

Lifelong friends, online friends, I take the celebration of the birth of Jesus to express my deep gratitude for giving me the confidence to exist in their minds and some hearts, for allowing this time to share a note of humor, seriousness, solidarity, astonishment, indignation, opinion. Thank you very much for being present in my life, and grow with your contribution. I wish every day is good for me and you. I wish that 2011 be a blessing. With deep respect I want the birth of Jesus a miracle in everyone, including myself.

By Edwin A. Mendez.

No hay comentarios: